Oral cancer is a deadly disease that can afflict any person at any age. In the United States alone, there are over 40,000 newly diagnosed cases every year. As oral cancer spreads, the likelihood of a successful recovery tends to diminish, so it is crucial to diagnose and find the illness as soon as possible. If you think you have any indications of the presence of oral cancer, or even if you show no signs of illness at all, schedule an oral cancer screening at out office. Listed below are common symptoms of oral cancer you should be aware of:
– Signs of unexplained weight loss could be a warning sign of the presence of cancer.
– Bleeding typically occurs from the mouth in a manner that is unusual and unexplained.
– Oral cancer often produces sores in your facial area that often persist for longer than two weeks.
– Oral cancer can lead to alterations with your teeth’s alignment, including how well they align and how well you can open and close your mouth.
– Ear pain is present, or there is numbness and loss of feeling in the mouth and areas around the face and neck.
– The feeling that something is caught in the back of your throat could be an indication of oral cancer.
– Visible indications of rough spots, crusts, swelling, bumps, lumps, or eroded areas in your mouth could be signs of oral cancer.
– Be aware of any irregularities, changes, or difficulties chewing, speaking, eating, or swallowing.
– A constant sore throat or a change in your voice that does not go away.
– There are white, red, or speckled blotches visible in your mouth.
If you are in need of an oral cancer screening, please stop by Vacaville Dental Studio for an oral exam from Dr. Khashayar Khomejany and our team at our amazing dentist facility in Vacaville, California. Schedule your visit by calling us at 707-448-5339. We are here to proudly keep you and your smile healthy and happy.